If you follow me on Pinterest, you probably already know that I’ve been pining over brass bar carts for quite some time. I even turned a cheap Walmart baker’s rack into a “bar cart” to temporarily fill the void when we were living in Savannah (you can see it here in our Savannah home tour). We don’t have the extra space for a bar in our current place, but I can’t wait to find the perfect cart for the perfect corner in our next home (big announcement on that coming soon!).
Although I love them all, my favorite bar carts tend to be vintage brass and rattan styles. I also prefer carts with 2 tiers (as opposed to 1 or 3) – they offer extra space for storing and styling more cocktail goodies and still enough height for taller bottles! While I wait no-so-patiently for the right spot to display my ideal vintage brass bar cart, I thought I’d share some of my top bar cart essentials with you.
p.s. Can we talk about this dreamy Vintage Regency Brass and Glass Cart from Chairish? It would make the perfect backdrop for my cocktail accessory wish list.
12 Go-To Accessories for Styling a Bar Cart:
- Bar Cart
- Wine Rack
- A Vase for Fresh Flowers
- Bottle Opener
- Small Bowl or Dish for Lemon and Lime Wedges
- Cocktail Shaker
- Cup for Stirrers & Small Bar Tools
- Tray for Corralling Liquor Bottles & Decanters
- Ice Bucket
- Mixers & Bitters
- Fresh Flowers
- Cocktail Recipe Book
5 Quick Tips for Bar Cart Styling:
- Use bottles and decanters in varying heights
- Corral smaller items and create visual organization with trays and bowls
- Add warmth with wood and natural textures like rattan
- Use books for layers and adding color
- Keep a vase handy for displaying fresh flowers
Are you having trouble sourcing the right items to decorate your home? I would love to help! I offer several affordable eDesign packages to help with everything from styling your coffee table to designing an entire room. View all package options here and please feel free to reach out to me with any questions!
Pink Dessert Pedestal / Marshmallow Soapette / Tassel Jewelry Roll / Pink Mascato / Dusty Rose Heal /Striped Pink Straws / ‘Heart of Gold’ Print /Fiji Polish by Essie /Prada Candy / Sugar Paper XO Card / Rose Gold Heart Ring / Silk Pajama Set
Valentine’s Day has kind of a bad rap, probably because of the implied need for a significant other and red roses, but I have always been a fan of the holiday – attached or otherwise. What’s not to love about baking pink desserts, making heart-embellished arts and crafts with your girlfriends, and drinking pink champagne? Embrace the excuse to be a little girlier than usual :)
Here’s a Valentine-inspired medley of pink and gold prettiness…goodies on my wishlist this February, and every other month of the year.
Blush and Gold // Shop the Look:
What’s on your Valentine’s Day wish list?
In the spirit of Black Friday – which I have no intention in leaving my house to participate in – I am kicking off my first ever Gift Guide series! I use the term “series” lightly, as I’m not sure how many I will have time to pull together before Christmas, but I had a blast finding these nine gifts that would be perfect for someone in your life who loves to entertain (or who doesn’t like to entertain but likes pretty things!).
- Jade Cake Pedestal, 6″ from Simply Southern Wedding Boutique | $38
- Brushed Gold Ice Bucket from Mr. Ice Bucket | $42.50
- Bronzed Branches Napkin from Anthropologie | $10
- Shell & Wood Serving Spoons from LEIF | $12
- Camilla Cocktail Ring from Stella & Dot | $49
- Champagne Candle by Jonathan Adler from Lemon Stripes | $42
- Gold Confetti Paper Placemats from Kitchen Papers | $25
- Faceted Wood Bottle Stoppers from LEIF | $22
- Citrus Floral Tin Recipe Box from Rifle Paper | $34
Shop // Hostess Gift Ideas:
Who else are you shopping for this year? I’m trying to decide what my next gift guide will be…maybe “gifts for him”?