Top 12 Bar Cart Styling Essentials
If you follow me on Pinterest, you probably already know that I’ve been pining over brass bar carts for quite some time. I even turned a cheap Walmart baker’s rack into a “bar cart” to temporarily fill the void when we were living in Savannah (you can see it here in our Savannah home tour). We don’t have the extra space for a bar in our current place, but I can’t wait to find the perfect cart for the perfect corner in our next home (big announcement on that coming soon!).
Although I love them all, my favorite bar carts tend to be vintage brass styles. I also prefer carts with 2 tiers (as opposed to 1 or 3) – they offer extra space for storing and styling more cocktail goodies and still enough height for taller bottles! While I wait no-so-patiently for the right spot to display my ideal vintage brass bar cart, I thought I’d share some of my top bar cart essentials with you.
p.s. Can we talk about this dreamy Vintage Regency Brass and Glass Cart from Chairish? It would make the perfect backdrop for my cocktail accessory wish list.
12 Go-To Accessories for Styling a Bar Cart:
- Bar Cart
- Vintage Regency Brass & Glass Server, Chairish
- Wine Rack
- Raw Wood Wine Rack, Dot & Bow ($40)
- A Vase for Fresh Flowers
- Blue & White Vase, Ballard Designs ($79)
- Bottle Opener
- Whale Bottle Opener, Wayfair ($8.99)
- Small Bowl or Dish for Lemons and Limes
- Cocktail Shaker
- Mid-Century Cocktail Shaker, West Elm ($29)
- Cup for Stirrers & Small Bar Tools
- Mint Julep Cap Vase, Shop Waiting on Martha ($35)
- Tray for Corralling Liquor Bottles & Decanters
- Ice Bucket
- Rattan Ice Bucket and Tongs, Lenox ($50)
- Owl’s Brew, Williams Sonoma ($15)
- Fresh Flowers
- Peach Ranunculus, Trader Joe’s or Whole Foods
5 Quick Tips for Bar Cart Styling:
- Use bottles and decanters in varying heights
- Corral smaller items and create visual organization with trays and bowls
- Add warmth with wood and natural textures like rattan
- Use books for layers and adding color
- Keep a vase handy for displaying fresh flowers
Are you having trouble sourcing the right items to decorate your home? I would love to help! I offer several affordable eDesign packages to help with everything from styling your coffee table to designing an entire room. View all package options here and please feel free to reach out to me with any questions!